Magento vs. Shopify vs. WooCommerce
Experts estimate e-commerce revenues to grow to $6.54 trillion in 2022 from $3.53 trillion in 2019. If you haven’t used this selling tool to boost your business yet, it’s about time you did. With all signs pointing to continued growth, it’s time to learn everything you can about this market.
Magento, Shopify, and WooCommerce are three of the top e-commerce platforms today. We put together a list of their features to help you decide which one is ideal for your business.
Web developers and large-scale businesses consider Magento the most advanced e-commerce platform. Users have three plan options, ranging from free services to $2,000 and $22,000 per year. It has a modest 1.4% market share of websites using CMS, but industry giants like Nike, Hermès, and Ford prefer this channel.
Here are some factors that users love about Magento:
- Inventory management system: Magento allows batch import and export, which syncs warehouse stock levels with those of the online shop.
- Different tax rates per location: This platform offers accurate data ideal for large-scale operations.
- Global advantages: The high-end channel provides users with multiple languages and currencies.
- SEO package: This platform has a built-in SEO and analytics package with several optimization options.
Shopify is a notable SaaS channel with a 10.98% market share of the e-commerce software market. Its users have three monthly plan options: $29, $79, and $299. Brands like KKW Beauty, Fitbit, and Redbull use this platform to serve their digital market.
These are some of the features users love about the platform:
- Easy to use: You can build an online shop even without coding or development experience.
- Calculate shipping costs: Shopify estimates shipping costs for local and international buyers.
- Custom profiles: This platform lets users view transaction histories, allowing businesses to retarget clients.
- SEO properties: Like Magento, Shopify offers extensive SEO options such as title tags, meta tags, ALT tags, etc.
- 24/7 support: This channel provides users with customer service via phone, email, chat, and even social media sites.
WooCommerce, a popular WordPress plug-in, powers 28.19% of all online stores, making it the most used e-commerce solution worldwide. Brands like Keurig, London Evening Standard, and Counterpunch use it for their e-commerce needs.
Here are some factors WordPress fans love about the plug-in:
- Easy to use: WooCommerce works well as a WordPress plug-in.
- Thousands of themes: Sites like ThemeForest and WordPress offer ready-made themes to save you a lot of time building an e-shop.
- Unlimited customization: WooCommerce uses WordPress technologies to enable users to personalize their online stores.
- Integrated blogging: The WordPress plug-in offers a unique advantage for companies that want to build blogs with their shops.
Choose the Ideal Platform for Your Business
The ideal platform for your business will help you take your business to new heights through increased sales. If you’re ready to build an online shop but don’t know where to begin, reach out now!
We have a team of brand strategists, developers, and designers who can help you build your dream e-store no matter what platform you choose.